Company profile

Establishment, History and Ownership

Mr. Poul Christensen founded the Company in 1918 as a family company. In 1982 the Owner converted the Company into a limited company, all shares held by family members of the Founder.
In 1991 the Company was acquired by Mr. Bent A. Jeilman and as such became a member of Bent A. Jeilman Holding A/S, which company owns 75% of the share capital, the remaining 25% is held by senior brokers of the Company.

When The Soviet Union was desolved the Company opened up a branch office in 1991, in St. Petersburg, and a further branch office was established in 1997 in Gdansk, Poland, thereby strengthened the companies expertise and connections to East European shipowners, shipyards and brokers.

The branch office in Thailand was established in 1982 in Bangkok and is concentrating mainly on Sale & Purchase of secondhand reefer and trawler tonnage.

Residence

Head office is located in the capital of Denmark, Copenhagen. In addition the Company has an office in Nakskov which is located on the island of Lolland about 180 km south of Copenhagen and branch offices/daughter companies in Russia, Poland and Thailand.

Management

The Management consists of Managing Director, Mr. Bent A. Jeilman, and one Director, Mr. Borys Krejniuk, both working out of the Headoffice in Copenhagen.

Activities

The Company is involved in following activities:

– Contracting of newbuildings
– Financing of ships (new/secondhand)
– Sale & Purchase of secondhand tonnage
– Sale & Purchase of floating docks and off-shore units
– Demolition
– Towage
– Evaluation of ships
– Shiprepairs/conversions

Please do not hesitate to contact any of our offices with your enquiries or in case you have vessels for sale.